Monday, June 4, 2007

How I Got Here


Some people have asked how I got out. It is not really that pretty. To recap events; my principal and the DoE's lawyer laid out their case against me. As is usual for this principal no matter how hard the lawyer tried the principal was confused and evasive. After they laid out there case then my lawyer had an opportunity to cross exam. My lawyer started cross examining and got the principal to contradict what she had said the day before. At this point the arbitrator asked the lawyers to talk to him outside and suggested we settle. I was very anxious to do this.

I was anxious to settle for two reasons. First, if you let a trial go to the end it is always unpredictable, I would rather control my own destiny. The second reason is that to play it out could take a long time. Both reasons turned out to not be what I thought they would be. The DoE jerked around with my stipulation for so long that I could have gone through the whole trial. I also should have gone longer to provide a record of even more of her lies. Now I don't have this record.

At the time it seemed like the correct thing to do. So the DoE sent me the stipulation that I published as being absurd. We sent it back they spent a couple of weeks sent a new one which was somewhat better and I decided to sign, we sent it back to them and it took over 3 weeks for them to get two signatures. So here I am. When they gave me the letter in the rubber room reassigning me it took me less than 15 minutes to pack up and leave. I loved many of the people I met there, but I did not love there.

The stipulation includes me paying the DoE $7500. This is to show me that I was a bad boy. It seems to be common in these things. The stipulation cleaned up some of the more obvious stupid things but not all of them. I am somewhat worried that if some one is truly out to get me then I have given them the tools to do this. I hope that no one is out to get me that badly.

The bottom line is that I am free now. My principal has cost me and my family over $20,000 in lost income between my penalty and my lost summer school income. She can afford leather skirts, I am saving up to buy a new belt.

I just received the transcripts of my public trial. I will publish some of them as soon as I get a chance.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the results. I hope you will be happy, successful, and appreciated where you now are.

Anonymous said...

...or maybe perhaps a new wig and horrendous looking make-up

Anonymous said...

Relished reading your entry of 6/4/07 re: "further details". Thank you. Cannot wait to read the transcript. Curious as to when/at what point did your union reps NOT come to your defense...Did they (he/she) attend your hearing? Did they suggest you hire an attorney? At what point in time during your ordeal? Did the union initially represent you and you later hired an attorney (because they thought you needed one or because you felt only an attorney could help you in your defense?)

Anonymous said...

Ed, you offer valuable information even though it may be painful for you to revisit your past "mental/emotial/tactical-hell".
Look forward to keep learning more details.

ed notes online said...

Looking forward to your insights after the RR experience. Some people who have returned report a level of spookiness that doesn't go away easily, if ever.

Anonymous said...

Cute kids!!...and isn't that what it's all about?!